普宁英歌“首秀”俄罗斯!广货“圈粉”传递岭南温度|文化中国行

三年连绽!深圳南山原创歌曲《吉量》唱响马年春晚

总台马年春晚,海报来啦!

【央视快评】在中国式现代化新征程上策马扬鞭 勇往直前

瓦伦西亚侨界举行 深入学习习近平主席春节团拜会重要讲话精神座谈会

跨越万里的祝福,中国春节文化展走进埃塞俄比亚

New Zealand police suspend search for last 2 missing victims of volcano eruption

发布时间:   来源: 欧洲侨报

New Zealand police have called off the search for the bodies of two missing victims since the White Island volcano eruption earlier this month after "extensive" efforts.

Winona Langford, a 17-year-old Australian tourist, and Hayden Marshall-Inman, a 40-year-old New Zealand tour guide, are presumed dead. It is thought that their bodies are in the water off the island.

"The search for the two missing victims of the Whakaari/White Island eruption has been suspended," Superintendent Andy McGregor, the Bay of Plenty district commander, said Tuesday in a statement.

"The families of the two missing people have been informed of this decision," he said, adding that "police remain ready to respond if new information comes to light."

The White Island, a volcanic island, is a famous tourist attraction which people can explore by boat or helicopter.

The volcano erupted on Dec. 9 when 47 people were on the island. A total of 19 people have been confirmed dead in the incident. Authorities have since suspended all tourist trips to the island.

上一篇:Chinese football authorities to impose salary cap next season
下一篇:China, Japan agree to deepen cooperation in various fields

首页   |   关于我们

Copyright © http://www.eurochinesedaily.com 欧洲侨报 版权所有